Friday, June 4, 2010

The Classics

Shortly after graduating college with a degree in English, I realized I have never read a lot of the classics. Those timeless novels that have reached generations and a lot of students read in high school. I am talking, To Kill a Mocking Bird, Moby Dick, Wuthering Heights, The Outsiders, Jane Eyre, The Catcher in the Rye, etc. Don't get me wrong. I have read some great works by amazing writers, like Shakespeare, Homer, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Nathaniel Hawethorne, Geoffrey Chaucer, Emily Dickenson, Walt Whitman, and Robert Frost, but I feel I've missed out on huge, important parts of literature. So it has become my mission to fill in this huge hole in my life's reading list and read these classics, interspersed between the addicting romance novels of Nicholas Sparks that I can't get enough of, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment