Monday, July 19, 2010

I Love That Dirty Water

I am a Boston Red Sox fan who lives in New York Yankee territory. I can't go to any local store without seeing a Yankee t-shirt, a pin stripe water bottle, or a box of "Joe" with Joe Girardi's face on it. But last weekend I got a break from the Bronx Bombers in Boston.
I felt at home; like I could wear my Red Sox hat without fear of getting beat up or cursed at. I even got to watch a Sox game on T.V. before I went to see two more live. Oh man did we have great seats!! Fifteen rows back on the first base side for the first game, and the third base side the next afternoon, I could see the players eyes. They've never felt more real to me.
The only downside of the weekend, besides the loss on Sunday, was being sqeezed into the train back to the hotel Saturday night with other sweaty fans. I've heard stories of people literally being pushed into trains in China, but I didn't understand how it could possibly get that bad, until now. It might have been the most uncomfortable I have ever been in my life. Luckily, we drove to the Sunday afternoon game to escape the crowds.
I love Boston. It is the only city I would live in. I love that Dirty Water!!

No comments:

Post a Comment