Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Great First Impression!!

To say that I get nervous before a job interview is an understatement. Sweaty palms, heavy breathing, the works. Add to that running a little bit late, and I am about to have a melt down. I rush into the building and fill out a formal application. After the meeting I am feeling pretty good. I mean, it could have gone better, but it definitely wasn't the worst interview I had gone through.
Rummaging through my purse in the parking lot, I cannot find my car keys. Alas, peeking into the car window, I see the key sitting in the cup holder, next to my cell phone. I was in such a rush, and not to mention nervous, I through them anywhere and didn't realise it until it was too late. After making sure all the doors were locked, I embarrassingly make my way back into the building, cursing my self the whole way, and call my Mom. Thankfully, she was home and willing to make the forty minute drive to come get me, God bless her. As if that wasn't bad enough, I realised I never told her where my extra key was, so a few minutes later, the receptionist comes out into the parking lot and tells me I have a phone call. Beat red, I run back in and tell Mom where the keys are. Needless to say, the next forty minutes waiting, were the longest of my life. What a great first impression I made!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment