Saturday, October 30, 2010

An Old Dog Can Learn New Tricks!!


Trying something new for the first time, whether it be an activity or an exotic food, is always nerve wracking yet exciting at the same time. Today was no different when I tried ice skating for the first time.
I went into it thinking since I can roller skate, ice skating shouldn't be much of a problem. I was wrong. Don't get me wrong, I didn't do horrible but I stuck close to the wall the whole time and my ankles started killing me after a while. Probably because I had a hard time keeping my ankles straight in the rented skates. Even having the wall as my guardian, I fell about five times in the hour I was on the ice. To make the experience even funnier, my friend an I ran into a couple of friends of the family. So I had three people watch me bruise up my knees!!
All in all, I had a great time. I definitly do not regret trying something I've wanted to do for a long time. It is safe to say I will never be the next Sasha Cohen, but I will ice skate again. Hopefully, away from the wall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment