Saturday, May 28, 2011

Row, Row, Row Your Boat!!

I am stronger than I look, but I am under no illusions that I am very strong. So when we went out on a row boat during a field trip to Fairview Lake Camp yesterday, I wasn't sure if I would be strong enough to work the oars. I was even having trouble carrying them down to the lake. Determined to try new things, however, I took the oars when I was offered. I am proud to say I was strong enough. We weren't moving fast, granted, but we were moving. And that was all I can ask for my first time out. The one weird thing was, the person rowing is facing the opposite direction the boat is traveling. I would definitely not go out without someone to navigate for me!!

By the way, if you have never been out on a lake in a row boat, do it!! It is so relaxing. And if you are the one rowing, it is good exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment