Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I've Got The Music In Me

If you asked a group of people what's one thing that can turn their bad mood, or their bad day, completley around, some may say it's a good workout, or watching a funny movie with a loved one, or maybe reading a romantic book. For me, it's listening to my favorite music. In my mind, there is nothing like blasting a good song and letting the music and lyrics take over my body and soul. I may start singing. I may start dancing. Whatever happens, the music ends up controlling my emotions and I forget all the worries, stress, and aggrevations of the day.
What brought this subject to mind? I just got a brand new CD from my favorite band, Hanson. You might be thinking, they are still around? or may not even remeber them. But, in fact, they have been going strong since "MMMBop" 13 long years ago and just released their 5th studio album, "Shout It Out"!!
With "Shout It Out", Issac, Taylor,and Zac, go back to the time when music went deep down in your soul and made you get up and dance. Try to stay still during "Waiting For This", or "Thinkin Bout Somethin", it's nearly impossible. The sound on this album is different than anything you will hear on the radio, complete with a full section of horns on most of the tracks. In fact, it bugs me the Oklahoma native boys haven't gotten much airplay since their debut ablum, "Middle of Nowhere", making many think they are simply 90's one hit wonders. Oh, they are far from it. Their third album, "Underneath", made #1 on Billboards Top Independent Albums in 2004and the first single from that album, "Penny and Me", went to #2 on The Hot 100 Single Sales Chart.
In short, if you only know Hanson as those guys who sang "MMMBop" you don't know what you are missing. I suggest you go to Itunes,or whichever music source you use, and look them up. You will not be disapointed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment