Saturday, July 31, 2010

Dance Like No One's Watching

In honor of National Dance Day, I'm going to share a poem I wrote about the best ten years of my life.

When out on stage I felt alive.
Turning, leaping, tapping,
For the best I would strive.

Dancing was what I knew
For ten long years.
Unfortunately, I ventured on to something new.

My degree became my new goal.
Dance left my life for evermore.
I lost part of my soul.

Turning, leaping, tapping,
Thinking, reading, writing,
Turning, leaping, tapping.

My regrets in life are few,
My biggest one, hanging up my dancing shoes.

I still can't help time-stepping in the kitchen while waiting for my popcorn to pop, or pirouetting in my room to my favorite song. In one way or another dance will always be a part of my life. Even if it's only through watching shows like So You Think You Can Dance or Dancing With The Stars. But now that I have my degree, it has become my new goal to get back in the dance studio...once I get a full time job that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment