Sunday, August 8, 2010

It's Time

There comes a time when a person must grow up and start living the life they were meant to, the life they want to. That time is now for me.
When I graduated college I had a clear picture of my future. I would find a full-time job with benefits while I write my children's book. I would save money and move into my own place, take dance lessons again, join the Turner's Syndrome Society and help families with daughters diagnosed with T.S., and travel. But life seems to have a different plan for me; a part-time substitute teacher still living at home with her parents. I feel like my life is stalled, like I can't grow up. I'm a subway stuck in a tunnel waiting for the power to come back on, a kite falling to earth. A full-time job is the power source needed to reach my life's goals; the wind to lift my kite. With out that I'm afraid I'll be stalled forever.
I will not let that fear get to me this time, however. I will not give up the search for the perfect job. It is out there and I will find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment