Tuesday, July 6, 2010

more poems

Why I Write
Bored, bored, bored
With nothing to do
So I sit here writing
With my pen and notebook too
Adjectives, nouns, verbs
And maybe a rhyme
All come together
To help pass the time
Will this be a masterpiece?
Probably not
But writing this poem
Sure hit the spot


I Got The Music In Me
Caught in traffic after getting dumped,
This day could not be worse.
I finally make it home,
Ready to let the anger consume me,
To embrace the sadness.
Stumbling through my room,
I find my ipod and bring it to life.
My favorite song echoes through the headphone
For only me to hear.
After verse one, my muscles relax
I tap my feet to the beat of the chorus
And by the second verse,
I'm in full performance mode
Dancing and singing along, forgetting everything
The annoyance, the frustration, the heartache,
Gone.
Finally, the song ends.
But, it plays over and over again in my head
Like a bad commercial plays on T.V.
Except I hum instead of sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment