Monday, August 16, 2010

They'll Keep You On Your Toes

I love reading books with huge plot twists, like the ones found in Lincoln Child and Douglass Preston's "Relic" or "Angel and Demons" and "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown. The death of a major character. The murderer you thought was good. A shocking marriage/pregnancy. Two best friends falling in love. Suddenly, the book becomes worth reading. More importantly, it stays with me long after the final word is read. I find they are the books I want to made into a movie. The books I recommend to friends. The books I want to read over again (and I don't do that often)!! Although the twists usually come at the end of a book, it is worth reading the 200 pages to get to that moment that makes you sit up wide eyed, reading the sentence over again because it didn't seem real. If only we had more of those moments in real life. The moments we live for.

No comments:

Post a Comment