Saturday, August 14, 2010

Reliving The Good Old Days

I often catch myself looking back on memories of my childhood. I sometimes even break out old pictures or videos and can't stop laughing. Anyway, here is a poem I wrote with some of my best childhood memories.

When I was a kid...
I used to bury my face in Dad's chest each roar of thunder.
I ran around the street in my bathing suit when it rained.
Memories, Memories
I baked apple pies each fall and joined a massive hunt for eggs each spring.
Christmas mornings were spent waiting anxiously at the top of the stairs
while Dad kicked a sleeping Santa off our couch.
Memories, Memories
"Motown Philly" by Boyz II Men made me drop everything and dance,
while Red Rover, Red light, green light, Mother May I, and Run For Your Life made waiting for the bus an early recess.
"Miss Mary Mac" went to see the elephants 20 times a day.
Memories, Memories
"See this finger? See this thumb? See this fist? You better run," was a humorous threat.
Many baths were taken in Lake Winnipesaukee.
Autumnfest and the Columbus Day Parade were must see events;
But never get put on Nana's white bench.
Memories, Memories

No comments:

Post a Comment