Friday, April 8, 2011

A Story Worth Reading!!

I've had some great teachers and professors throughout my education; but I've never had a professor like Morrie Shwartz. He never cared about grades and he taught lessons that go farther beyond the classroom than math or history. Lessons like forgiveness, and accepting death. Even while he was suffering tremendously, he tried to help others, even if it was just listening to their problems, something he loved to do. Doing so with humor and care. I found it funny how Mitch and Morrie came back into each others lives after sixteen years at just the right time. Mitch needed a push from his life of work, work, work and to find some meaning in life while Morrie needed a great friend to help him through the last months of his life. Even further, if Mitch hadn't seen that "Nightline" program that featured Morrie,it probably would have never happened. I guess the Blues Brothers were right, God works in mysterious ways!! I will never forget "Tuesday's with Morrie" and recommend it to anyone who wants to read a story about friendship, love, life and death.

No comments:

Post a Comment